Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Sleeping Partners

We have built our home with our bare hands (OK exaggeration here but not that much really) I did the designing and he did the execution and practical aspects to the 'T'.. So you see everything is custom made.. Like our bed- its bigger than king size to accommodate my 6 ft by 4 ft husband.. I have the hardest time finding sheets that fit :-( I have started gettin even bedsheets tailored to size *sigh*

So now with our main man (the baby) sleeping with his head towards me and feet kickin his father's underbelly and our side hero flaying his legs in the most obtuse angle one could have without reaching a 180 degrees you'd wonder whats left for poor ole little me? A half inch here and a half inch there in which I have to do a gymnast act of fitting my curvaceous body.. Only to find a half hour later our main man decides to have a change of heart and scrounges to find my bare belly to reconfirm and assure its me, only to push me out of the tiny pillow space so he could squeeze as much of my smell into himself to be cozy.. Really what a compliment - but I NEED SLEEP.. good ole comfy sleep where I can relax with my body in a slightly more comfy position :-(

Whilst trying to seek slumber I find little man squeezing himself in his father's armhole for body warmth and the father kissing his hair and forehead instinctively like a bear to cajole him back in the hands of deep rooted slumber.. My babies bonding even in their sleep.. Should be a pleasurable sight but I am jealous.. Mummy's new man should be snuggling with mommy.. I do a little tug and snatch and pull and get him back into my arms where he belongs and again I have caught myself doing the space management thing.. Eventually sleep arrives and I find that we've all moved and Big bear has me nestled in his arms.. Can you imagine there was a time when he whined about not being comfortable sleeping with his front to my back.. And now he has voluntarily lifted me unto his shoulders and chest.. I realize what it is Salil looks for when he submerges into him.. But suddenly just as it came it has vanished!! He woke up like the spoil sport he is because God forbid he sleep in.. The newspapers flung at the door and what in the world could be more important than the news.. The TV blares with the news and business channels being switched and Im left with a painful back and a baby that is just like his father.. He is up and wants his milk (like the father wants tea) and he wants cartoons!!!!

Between news and cartoons I am rendered a mess :-( I either know of quotable quotes from Bob the builder or Barkha Dutt.. God save me from the men in my life..

To imagine I got rid of my brown 4 ft chocolate colored teddy bear with a chocolate colored bow because I had a live human to hug.. For this.. THIS!!!

I need to get back to my old sleeping partner!

No comments: