Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Cold Humor

I have absolutely the most fantastic luck in the world ya'know? (Yes this is gonna be another bitch n whine session, get your hot cuppa java or a glass of vino whatever the hell your vice is)..

My Dad was in town recently but didn't pay me a visit (which isn't as important as he didn't get to meet his grandson as much) cos he didn't wanna transfer his viral to us.. But Mr God had better plans in mind.. My cook landed up with a fantastic bout of viral germs which he managed to infect my freshly disinfected house with.. A sneeze on this counter, a cough on that platform, a wipe of his hand on a certain pan, a rubbing of his nose on the dishcloth and voila - Sallitoty and I are down.. With that the sudden change in the decision of the monsoon spraying us with more rain and the driver's down with the viral.. My car that gets sprayed with insecticide every evening is now being sprayed with Lysol (I love you whoever created anti bacterial Lysol!!).. But the driver's been off since like what seems forever (curbing my spirit by grounding me home for being withered).. My maid who comes to sweep the floors got the infection too and how.. Her back's gone for a toss and her work requires her to be immersed in water at all times.. So her's is a severe case which means she hasn't turned up in what seems like forever (look at the state of my nails!! they're almost extinct!!).. And the cook has returned to normal only to now be infected back with the case because between me and the 2yr old we are coughing sneezing using napkins like the river flows through our nose and noises like loud bumps when u drive aka the sound of our cough..

So this week when my Dad came avisiting this time I didn't have him come home lest I infect him with the virus this time.. Irony to it's hilt wouldn't you say? But oh no no no.. Doesn't end there.. He got it anyway because his local secretary, driver and personal butler were down with the viral which got transferred into his local confines anyway just before he boarded the flight for departure..

That's what we call a comic state of affairs my lovelies..

No comments: