Sunday, October 01, 2006

Here I am - this is me

Uh huh.. the title of this post is borrowed - courtesy Spirit the stallion and Bryan Adams..

They say the best things in life come free and I am beginnin to believe there is an element of truth in that statement.. The day of my reception to my beau my brother gives me a cartloada gifts (if you knew him you'd know he spoils me rotten) and in that treasure trove was this cd marked with humorous inane phrases - "no name brand".. On playing the cd once the entire brouhaha was over, I learnt that he had recorded a single music file.. Here I am - Bryan Adams.. How apt.. How significant and how simple.. How sweet.. Yes all those adjectives come to mind but more so the cliche of finally having arrived and achieved was felt..

The entire time the preparations and events were taking place, I didn't have time to digest that after an odd dozen years my man and me were finally together.. I was revelling in the attention showered (his family of over a 100 staring at every move!!! and my brother holding me tight and close to keep me from shivering with the attention and clouds of smokes being blown up by the DJ) I was enjoying, dancing, beaming, falling in love all over again over Shania Twain and Celine Dion singing their ballads - never once letting my eyes falter from his gaze.. Yes it was a fairy tale wedding.. My father, brother, father in law and husband.. All responsible for making it the most momentous of my life..

I was just thinking about that today when my own lil bairn was watching the animation - Spirit.. The song came alive all over again.. And I was here sitting and trying to complete my things to do list when it came on.. I was distracted but not rudely from which employee deserves to be treated kindly (its the end of the month you dafods!! paytime ;-) ) and which tailor has what of who in the family.. Not to mention what I have to pack yet for my upcoming journey.. yes there's a reason I use the word journey not trip.. Its gonna be a long sojourn - a homage to the homeland and one's pride..

My oft-repeated tales of my love affair is to insinuate happiness exists in many deprecated ways despite the best thoughts.. In all my whiny sessions there exists a hint of nay not rosy paths but roads well traversed and made smooth by periodic stints of walking on and over.. Yes I dream of another life, another time and I compare the grass being green yonder because its innate to compare the quality of fodder available (ghar ka murga dal barabar :P) but in the end marriage does not define me.. My being a woman - a woman always in love with love - defines me..

No comments: