Monday, September 18, 2006

"That's a true story. ...That's my family Kay, it's not me. "

For me, blogging = venting + exercise of my skill but mainly venting.. This one is gonna be an introspective one of sorts so read on at your own risk..

'Godfather' changed the perspective on the way people think and function.. Half the dialogues are still floating in every sit com or movie.. It's s'thing that forms the innate culture of this century.. What am I driving at you ask? "Michael: Fredo, you're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone against the Family again. Ever. "

What's that mean? You stick it out.. It's family.. I have grown up with this ideology when Godfather was another phoren movie and I learnt that my brother can fight my battles and my Dad can screw the happiness of someone who hurts me.. Yes you stick it out with family against the world.. So am I wrong when I expect the same of people? Is it such an irrational thought? And to think it isn't even my own battle to begin with!! Whatever happened to the days of good old self-pride? I don't mean vain arrogance but self-pride?

As was very simply stated - "Michael: It's not personal, Sonny. It's strictly business. "

And this was my business of the day which will leave me in a state of unrest always expecting loyalty - yes loyalty unquestioned that too above all else, over any other alliance.. Thats not a long bill to demand dya think? Anyway who has the time for indulging in semantics when I'd rather have a precarious particular someone who causes this rift 'sleep with the fishes' instead of getting away with misbehavior and misdemeanor because of the neo-saint she hooked up with eh? ;-)

Oh yeah when I mean loyalty I mean unequivocal loyalty towards ME.. not the baby, the original family, but me - the past, present, future!!!

Just so that you can think, keyword being think, Im a promoter of male chauvinism this post ends with my favorite quote - "Don Corleone: [shouts] You can act like a man! "

No comments: