Friday, September 08, 2006

Hiss absentia

I had an epiphany recently.. I have loved too many times in vain.. But the classic one defeats even Liz Taylor's story.. I have loved and lost the same man continually for the last 15 years.. I have lost him around 9 times (Im not counting the times where we were separated for less than 6 months) and the times I have spent with him has been 10% of elapsed time without him.. And I've ended up marrying this very same man knowing fully well that my existence will continue in the manner of seeing him 10% of the year.. So now, who do you think constitutes as the biggest retard in the universe? YES!!!!! me :-) I must really love this man methinks.. Either that or I might be sadistic.. Which could be a possibility considering how my home is filled with medicines of different kinds and names - my son seems to think I run a pharmacy when neighbors come to me with their ailments and I dole out what I deem best for their illness.. Not to mention at the age of 2, he is fascinated by the idea of pill-popping considering the amount of medications I ingest.. You'd think most of it would be harmless multi-vits etc right? Oh hell no.. I'm more screwed up than that.. The majority constitutes steroids and those feel-good drugs like Delottid and Demarral.. OOoooooh yeah baby..

How do I gain access to this you say? Well see that's how I have NOT digressed this once.. Seeing the man I wanted to spend the rest of my LIFE with but seeing him only for 40 days in a year means I have "stress".. Oh yeah that scary word - which means logic has beaten the sane medical professionals to resort to an escape called - "stress".. So anyway, my stress makes sure I have problems in every arena.. Kidney stones, Colitis, Low hemoglobin, and loads others which aren't really that fatal but sound horrifying when listed all together.. The best one is getting low on sugar ;-) What a fantastic way to splurge calories on muffins and biscotti with the excuse of sugar drrrrroooppping..

Anyway, in comparison, this man of mine, exists totally healthy.. Why you may ask? Well consider this.. His needs are met, his daily requirements taken care of and he needs to jhelo his wife n kid for only 40 days a year.. Even if it exceeds that limit by 10 days - guys picture this.. 315 days no stress of whats up with the vices increasing when you vowed that you'd quit during our engagement/marriage/pregnancy/birth of child.. No more landmarks left to quit but nobody asking you whether they look fat, how its irritating to have the toilet seat up and all the other banal reasons normal people who co-habitate go through for exploding like volcanoes.. Lucky dogs you!!

See it from my perspective - I quit work, have a driver to take me to the far off lands within the city called Mumbai but the driver has to leave for 3 months to tend his farms for harvesting season so I need to be rendered hapless and helpless till I find a new one.. I have a cook who comes in 1-3 hours early or late than the designated time and makes a mess of my kitchen, lets my vegetables rot and finishes the one that aren't even ripe yet.. I have one maid to sweep the floors and wash the utensils but she has to have a holiday every public holiday which in this country is every second day considering the number of religions we respect.. I have another maid to ensure the house is free of dust lest I catch on the allergy of dust mites and land up with a new disease but this woman herself doesn't shower in days and gets the stench of the world with her.. And I have a laundry-man who irons all of my sofa covers, bedsheets and clothes.. I'd be lucky if he makes his presence felt once every week at least and that to before I've collapsed into bed.. He makes sure he rings the bell either before 7:30 am or after 10:30 pm.. I then have a milkman who comes regularly everyday but considering Im his last stop at 8:30 am, he never has enough milk to sustain my household of me and my son.. I have a man who is hired to clean the cars but the cars remain untouched from the inside.. I discovered a packet of chips yesterday half eaten and the other half loaded in fungus from almost a year gone by.. No wonder now there is cockroach infestation.. There's a mechanic for taking care of my cars but he requires the cars to be with him for at least a minimum for a week.. My son has a paediatrition who opens his clinic at 9:30am and his fone line is busy as always.. If you call after 9:35am the days appointments are done.. So my son has to get sick according to the time his dude is free.. I have a family doctor who is med happy.. My son requires antibiotics for a viral sore throat (don't know how virus and bacteria are of the same family but anyway) and this man prescribes a growth medication, multi-vits, anti allergic, and a fever suppressant.. Now my son is a strong man (you should see his gene pool) and requires 3 ppl to put down 3/4 tsp of antibiotics once a day.. How this GP expects me to give him 4 meds 3 times a day is beyond me but hey, wishful thinking does exist..

And in all this, I still consider this a normal world and a happy working marriage.. How you may ask? Well it may be because of all the pill popping ;-) Or maybe love truly is deaf blind dumb mute and all the other handicaps you can think of? But in all honesty, I still wouldn't have it any other way - just this way with this man of mine..

No comments: