Monday, February 26, 2007

Grrrl Power

I was viewing the old episodes of Rendezvous with Ms Garewal and I caught up on the Aishwarya Rai one.. I must have mentioned several times my dislike and disdain towards the sculpted beauty.. But this interview changed my mind.. Non-confrontational kept brimming on the ebb of my mind.. Rarefied the form, lucid in verse and in dignity.. And I had to stop and re-evaluate what I opined of her..

This weekend we went for a soiree to do with Timzi's bud.. And I met this enigmatic charismatic woman yet again who always manages to turn me on.. Every time I chance upon seeing this lady Im stunned at how loud and crass I feel in comparison to her soft exuberant smile and soft voice echoing in my ears moments after her departure.. I've always felt I carry myself with a certain amount of haughty pride but classy nonetheless.. And then Im exposed to this example of love and romance doesnt die after years of knowing each other and raising a child and home.. This lady and her man are evidence that the hand in hand and the head on the shoulder bit aren't common courtesies a couple extend to each other.. They are moments of joy they revel in being in each other's company.. Till I meet them my life is complete and my journey back after viewing their sight makes me feel and want more.. To try harder to achieve the impossible of not washing dirty linen in public.. To always have an esoteric smile for the other.. Hard feats to accomplish I tell you..

The other day I was with my neighbour.. She's a woman of the corporate world who has never taken a break and single-handedly manages to run a household and raise a son of 17 yrs and break norms of being a perfect daughter, daughter-in-law and wife.. She kept me in splits with her daily dosages of nuances and labellings between her son and her.. I remembered my growing up years with Ma.. Children with mothers who form their best friends always emerge stronger in confidence.. Ask me - I am over-confident and its YOUR fault Ma :P But the over-indulgence does really make a difference.. The only problem arises when the mother starts feeling like being treated like a mother with due respect after watching a YashRaj/Karan Johar movie talking about parampara till you can barf paramprik creed..

Jaya Bachchan whilst accepting her Lifetime Achievement Award (please someone ban this pieces of shit award that steer you towards giving up the part of your career where you are stress free) spoke better than any Ambassador who would love to evoke emotions and yet strive to be diplomatic.. I rue the life she has had to lead from whatever I have read but yet this lady is known for what she does without being over-shadowed by the Bachchan parivar name or flagship.. To carry the weight of life with such "humble" expression - I was bowled over by the modesty.. Small packages are indeed bombs full of aplomb..

Strong beautiful women who hold their head up in pride but not high enough to be a minx and not low enough to be a crouching mouse.. Just rock steady to hold ground on their own.. Moving with grace and ambiguity yet maintaining a modicum of candor in their thoughts without the effervescent need to gurgle them out instead maintaining to eschew their many many dollars worth.. Yes, when I grow up (stop laughing amzu timzi :( ) I wanna be like them but till then I can always be the brat that I am yes?

Grrrl Power - Read up more on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girl_Power

No comments: