Thursday, March 15, 2007

ADSL - 4 letter word I abhor!!

Yet again, the telephone exchange cross-connected me with this dude.. Some guy who has a fax machine and has had his number crossed with mine.. Ridiculous - we take messages for each other and transfer them.. It was so bad we actually met for coffee one day so we could shriek at the MTNL divisional engineers, sub-divisional area heads etc together to make an impact.. It got worse this time.. My phone line got crossed and was dead.. DEAD!! No internet for 5 days either.. I was shell shocked.. Bechara amzi got the brunt of it.. He was preparing for his check flights and I was home to make sure buddy was sticking to his diet.. My social life was a zero cos of the diet food regulation and amzi being in town.. My other land line is screwy in any case and my mobile rings constantly so I always have it hidden to avoid calls till Im in the zone to make one.. Christ - I know Im convoluted and if you just figured it out you're as brain dead as I am so buzz off?!!

I saw the last date I wrote a post and I've decided I'm gonna write little passages inspired by whatever it is.. Could be a weird headline on an old Jay Leno show Ive caught up with on brightcove.com or even some phrase I've discovered akin to 'a daniel come to judgement'.. But Ill write soap opera style-ish passages and see how excruciatingly verbose and humdrum my writing can actually be.. The current state of being in candor is on full on display with the passage below (Im sorry I said it to you this way baby)

Isolation, Desolation, Inanimate..

Disconnection has set in.. I feel withdrawn into my own tiny crevice that I had protected
from the evil eyes of the world.. Im lost within it and I yearn to stay lost in it.. Lost
as if I have no concept of the passage of time.. No urgencies, no attachments.. Just a sense
of being.. Consumed by nothingness, surrounded by hollow shadows..

I want to be devoid.. Devoid of this hole I feel in the center of my chest that's relegating
its being to my entire conscience..

I need you.. I need you in the most desperate way that you cannot even fathom.. What do
I do with this aching anguish thats burying me to my grave whilst Im still gasping for a
few breaths in thin air.. rescue me, salve me.. I need a soul and my name's written on yours..
I now know that.. I have felt it beckon and writhe me in pain.. At the very least, its the
only element you can not hide, runaway or abscond from..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Talking to idle moronic strangers is not the appropriate way to spend a day. Regardless of what beef's you may have with a phone company, stay your butt home and try not to speak to stranger's or MEET UP WITH THEM! IDIOT!

Secondly, you lose your wedding ring? What the hell?!?!?! Its interesting to read about your entire life here, when really some of this shit should not be making it to the INTERNET!