Thursday, November 02, 2006

Mood for the day: mordantly parsing

I was chatterin and babblin away on long distance today with a friend of mine as if I owned the long distance carrier company.. I was nuts but strangely like the other alien nutzoids of the planet I was blitherin on about Saleesh's (thats my sons new nickname) first episode of trick a treating.. Now mind you I wanted to dress him up in a pink tutu, with butterfly wings, a magic wand (he would be a 'fairy' in this outfit dont you think?), a tiara and of course pink ballet flats but the chauvinism around me doesnt end :-( Timzi was beggin please don't scar our son and B just put his foot down.. Goddammit its a heavy foot OK? I don't have the guts to defy him.. Not yet anyway.. Have to develop resilience.. Cmon baby you can do it (Self-motivation reminds me that I need to become Deepak Chopra.. Shit man who pays for that kindda stuff? If you can make money doin' that Id be more infamous than Paris Hilton and own more money than Uncle Gates!!)

Anyyyyyway...

So sonshu (keep up this is *now* the new nick for my son!) had naptime comin up and was frustrated with the headgear of the Dino costume (he ended up wearin a hybrid of a blue dino costume with pink butterfly wings replete with the wand and tiara) and he wanted it off but when he saw his fellow accomplice with the princess meets wizard pink hat he calmed his dino tail down.. He said the appropriate thank you's between tryin to get his bag to open right and stowing away his wand whilst knockin on the door and scamperin behind my tush when he heard a dog bark.. And he also smiled effectively when he was called a dino or a dragon but worse dragonfly all the same.. Dude gimme the candy and get back to your programmin.. I got other houses to hit already.. Im 2 and I can't walk around this humangous block with your freakin palatial homes only so much ya'know? Nawh he's too pious and innocent to think that but hey, mebbe not cos one lady took so long that he had one look at the candy bowl which she had for viewing when she opened the door that he said "Aunty police hai" and scrammed when he heard the siren!!! I was stuck doin' the explainin that he had the fear of God with sirens (The "Police" and the "roach" are the only two things that I can use to emotionally blackmail to have him do what I want) I had to resign to the fact that the world at large will shortly start wonderin if we was criminals considerin this mornin when he saw an army dude in his commando (NOT COMMMANDO COMMANDO you perv!!!) uniform he again ran back towards the car away from the magic land of the grocery store screamin police hai police hai!!! Jeesh!!! Speakin of the cops - I wanted to voice out s'thin on a serious note today..

Albeit late I watched Lord of War today finally.. I have to be honest I missed the first bit which Im gonna make up for tomorrow but at the same time the length that I saw left me helpless wanting to do or feel something but not knowing what.. Like for some reason the cable channels like Sony and Zee constantly play the movie Nayak.. Its been 3 years but they still do it almost once every month but does it affect us in any manner to do anything? Its a good movie - and we walk out feeling nothing but letting the cold immunity we have surrounded ourselves with take over.. I used to be moved when I saw a hurt child, a handicapped old person on the street lights.. Today I turn my face when an older kid spanks the baby for it to cry so she can earn enough money whilst begging.. I turn my face when a boy of not more than 4 scrapes his foot on the sewer and is wailing cos God forbid I reach 2 mins late to pick up my own baby from playschool.. I turn my face when I feel horrid and I wonder how many of you still have it in you to at least be humane enough to feel horrid.. I know Timzi doesnt.. He has been exposed to this all his life.. It may as well be a bumped coke can on the road for all he cares.. He hardly even notices and this is the man who can shed tears because he misses me..

Lord of War.. I asked B what he felt and didn't it make him feel like punching something, someone? Didn't it make him feel contemplative? Something anything? I was fishing for a reaction and I got it - Im a helpless lone ranger.. What can I feel or do?

Yes the same Lord of War had a blaring punchline.. A punchline thats turned me on after years.. The 5 nations who rule the roost of selling arms are the 5 nations who have permanent places in the UN peace council..

Watch Lord of War if you haven't already but please - feel something.. It could be anything -

positive (Vitaly Orlov: [in Russian] Oh God! Yuri Orlov: [voice-over] Always resort to your native tongue in times of anger. And in times of ecstasy. )

negative (Yuri Orlov: They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails.")

sarcastic (Angel: My name is Angel. Vitaly Orlov: Her name really is Angel! Let's put her on the Christmas tree!)

hilarious (Andre Baptiste Sr.: They say that I am the lord of war, but perhaps it is you. Yuri Orlov: I believe it's "warlord." Andre Baptiste Sr.: Thank you, but I prefer it my way.)

self help (Yuri Orlov: Some of the most successful relationships are based on lies and deceit. Since that's where they usually end up anyway, it's a logical place to start.)

heart wrenching (Ava Fontaine: I feel like all I've done my whole life is be pretty. I mean, all I've done is be born! I'm a failed actress, a failed artist... I'm not much good as a mother. Come to think of it, I'm not even that pretty anymore. I have failed at everything, Yuri... but I won't fail as a human being.)

keep it safe (Yuri Orlov: In the most AIDS-infested region of the globe - where 1 in 4 is infected - Andy's idea of a joke was to put a young Iman and a young Naomi in my bed - and no condom within a hundred miles. )

thought provoking (Jack Valentine: Do you know why I do what I do? I mean, there are more prestigeous assignments. Keeping track of nuclear arsenels - you'd thing that more critical to world security. But it's not. No, nine out of ten war victims today are killed with assault rifles and small arms - like yours. Those nuclear weapons sit in their silos. Your AK-47, that's the real weapon of mass destruction.)

infallible fatal truth (Yuri Orlov: The reason I'll be released is the same reason you think I'll be convicted. I *do* rub shoulders with some of the most vile, sadistic men calling themselves leaders today. But some of these men are the enemies of *your* enemies. And while the biggest arms dealer in the world is your boss - the President of the United States, who ships more merchandise in a day than I do in a year - sometimes it's embarrassing to have his fingerprints on the guns. Sometimes he needs a freelancer like me to supply forces he can't be seen supplying. So. You call me evil, but unfortunately for you, I'm a necessary evil. )

but whatever it is just feel..

No comments: