Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Drabness Extremioso

Sooooo... the long weekend is just over.. Doano when it began and when it ended but I had a fantastic time.. We went for a little excursion and didn't get as much of a chance to explore the city but we sure as hell had fun in the train!! Yeap Sanshu (the baby?!) wanted to go on a choo choo train and there was no way he was taking the local trains in Bombay and I sure as hell cannot afford the Deccan Odyssey or Palace on Wheels or so says Amzi Timzi.. Soooo we went on the train here.. and Im tellin you folks it was very bloody fantastic.. A pain in the ass considering how long it takes but with the nice comfy seats with loadsa leg room and a lounge car for kiddie movies (Salli was watchin Over the Hedge and I was readin Amir Ali!) and a dining car where you can enjoy the natural beauty (without having to smell horse poop - Yeay!!) - Im tellin you - simply friggin amazin!!

So anyway I had a *lot* of time and I mean loadsa time so I was charting out the basic tenets I go by in my life.. You see Im a pretty easy going person (dont ask the friends and relatives - they are temporarily deranged) so no codes of conduct I go by except I hate lying.. Honest to God I do.. Its just that the people in my life compel me to do so like for instance these would be the obvious lies despite which these very same people ask me the very same questions and force me I mean push me into lying man :-(

Pop: You have a cold, don't you? Do you want me to take the next flight out? I'll take care of you!! You have a cough!!!
Me: (Jeez Dad relax.. I aint dyin!!) Dad you're getting old relax.. You're hearing things.. I just got done yelling at Salikuntin..

Mom: You're out shopping for clothes again aren't you? Why do you wanna burn money on clothes.. Look at your overflowing wardrobes!!
Me: (At least I dont hold onto things that are 30 freakin years old!! Big brothers and sisters are on my speed dial) Moo when's the last time you saw me in something new? Im just getting stuff for Timzi's family..

Timzi: You were staring at the biker!! I saw you - you think he's all that and then some don't you?
Me: (I have eyes you know - cant become blind when the peripheral view is outta this world!!) You moron.. I was looking at your face turning into a curvy smile with that little crevice around your lower lip.. Its so adorable and cute *kiss kiss*

B: Did you call XYZ and get your work done?
Me: (We have been through this for years.. Get a clue mr. blue!!) Of course I did.. I returned their call but reached the voicemail so left a message..
The above btw is the biggest joke in our family :-(

A close friend: You have changed!! Earlier you wouldn't as much as contemplate about their lack of existence and now you're actually speaking to that mad woman despite everything?
Me: (I hate doing it in any case.. quit reminding me fool :( ) Nawhh I just had to do that for Timzi's sake ya'know? Comes under the protective clause of 'family friends'

Dee: Please please please say that this is acceptable.. I simply fell in love with it for Silly..
Me: (Dude you gotta be joking.. Just gave me a flash of my maternal ancestors in their jazzy out there apparel.. you gotta be kidding me!!) Of course it is.. It's just that Timzi might think its a bit over the top ya'know?

Anyway you all get the basic gist of it.. Coming to tastes and preferences I was recently enlightened by a close quarter and a not so close counterpart that my 'signature' style is "dull".. Me? Dull? Hello have you not known me at all? B says he has to change my style and gets me this aubergine satin shirt to try on - I mean really I don't need to be rescued from the North Pole that I need to stand out with this color ya'know? (It looked pretty on me but I just couldn't handle the color) I tried to reach a sense of middle ground and told him to get me blue, brown, gray, black or white but aubergine? Violet? Oh God NO!!!!

Anyway I guess I am dull.. My home is dull.. My clothes are dull but my son loves me just the way I am.. My husband thinks Im a hottie (he needs to be away from me more often - its working wonders ;-) ) and my Dad thinks Im the prettiest baby in the universe so everybody else can just BITE ME!!

No comments: