Monday, August 04, 2008

Polarities..

The punishment for incompetence should be decapitation.. Anything less than a full 100% (more would be better) is debilitating to the entire cause of the matter.. I can't stand imperfections.. One strand of almost not there hair left behind on a wax job.. One strand of gray not covered up, one corner of the wall not touched up in the fresh paint job, one line of plaster over the skirting, one strand of hair from the brush on freshly painted nails, one iota of excess salt in the food, one whoosh of liner went wrong (worse when black), one stone on the road that makes u feel the bump on an otherwise beautiful ride, one hospital corner on the bed folded wrong, one wrinkle on the perfect crisp white linen shirt, one wrinkle between the eyebrows growing in size, one vein showing on your feet indicative of .... , one line of dust on the exhaust in the sparkling bathroom, one drop too much of the citronella oil in the burner, one color too much on the boheme kindda clothes, its all a matter of just that one that irates me deeply..

My son takes after me and every toy has to be placed in the same exact spot in the same angle manner fashion it was before he took it out.. his clothes need to be dust free and smelling fresh off the *press* (ironing is called pressing out here.. go figure?!) even for his birthday party, with the animal show where he held a rabbit - instead of having a smile on his face he had a big old frown and demanded a hand sanitizer immediately.. the tray needs to be laid out just so for his food consumption.. his milk in just that nike bottle.. his water in his paddington bear glass.. and nothing else will do.. and god forbid its unavailable - the whole house collapses in fear of his tears and fury.. Yes my son is an ideal reflection of me..

My daughter needs her juice heated evenly just like her milk before consumption.. She hates her fruit so I have to trick her into juice.. She loves anything with cheese so I add carrots to her cauliflower n broccoli cheese mash, squash n sweet corn to her mac n cheese.. Yes she has her own mind and taste buds at 6 months.. She loves my lime n honey concoction in the morning and recognises my travel mug and demands at least 10 sips from it.. She'll be fine with most people who she is familiar with but if I disappear for longer than 2 hrs then hell freezes over..

Yes we all have our little quirks.. I have yet to learn to live with mine.. But I will always be proud of my kids characteristic traits because of their quirks.. I admire them for their strong sensibilities and I hope they turn out "weird" and "quirky" in their own ways but please God do not make them 'normal' and mundane.. Anything normal is forgetful, anything mundane is what everyone else is and within the societal norms I hope my kids turn out to be difficult pills to swallow because God forbid they fade away into oblivion - that would be my biggest disappointment.. I would rather them be the one hay in the grassland than be a fresh sprig of mint in the herb garden..

No comments: