Saturday, July 12, 2008

Saturday Night Fever

I LOVE Saturdays.. They rejuvenate me.. Fridays can go take a you know what to the moon; but Saturdays - now THAT 's what I am talking about.. Songs like Here I am (Bryan Adams) Whats love gotta do with it (Tina Turner) etc etc are played on the radio as a relief for the same 20 songs being churned in & out on weekdays and they simply peel years off of my body.. I feel like I'm in my zone know what I mean? I'm moving, I'm grooving, I'm peppy, not trying to put someone in their place, not pickin a fight with all n sundry, just minding my good old business (which is extremely rare and strange if you know me personally) and pacing my day along.. Sol has his extra curriculars at regular hours where I can enjoy retail therapy with Kai and then we go for soccer practice where I yell and scream my lungs out cheering and motivating my son.. Yes indeedy - I live my life through them..

I have a sweet tooth.. I love black coffee.. You will always find a freshly made sweet mart at home.. My husband and his palette along with his tummy indulge me and my culinary functions and malfunctions.. My son has started appreciating the fine art of loving and eating fenugreek leaves to be compensated with gajar ka halwa.. Yes, I have at least one man of mine wrapped around my pinky.. The other one is still a work in progress.. Wanna venture a guess on who which one is?

We saw 'Jaane tu...' recently.. What a beautiful feel good movie.. The songs, the characters, the actors, the sets.. Seemed so real.. Its almost as if I was reading Jhumpa Lahiri with her fascinating penmanship taking you into her worlds where you can even smell the broth in the kitchen of the character who is nurturing it to perfection.. I could relate to and feel the same pathos that the protagonist was going through and the similar angst as each reel traversed into another.. Really though, quite a well-made movie..

But tomorrow is a Sunday and I intend to treat myself to a good dose of romantic comedies so I'm gonna pay a visit to You got mail, Story of us, Thomas Crowne Affair etc.. I suggest you guys do the same.. We all need a good dose of romance and an equally surmountable amount of humor in our lives..

Back to mirchi pakoday and makai roasting this is the at-peace-with-the-world-at-large me signing off..

No comments: