Sunday, April 29, 2007

Summer vacations in full galore.. Silly comes back with funky craft projects from summer camp that actually make the cut for being displayed in white and black home.. This is the first time I've actually stayed put in aamchi mumbai for longer than 4 months.. No long vacation to international destinations :-( Silly's not in playschool anymore.. He's growing up fast screwing up my penchant for being a nomad as his feet grow into bigger shoes with every passing step..

But I've tried to keep my hands busy - second exhibition preparations underway and this time I've designed jewellery too.. Poor timzi is having a heart attack looking at the bills stacking up for inventory purchases :-) The baniya doesn't know business and profit ke funday.. But he'll learn with time when the moolah comes rolling in with time.. He drools at the orders, I only wish he told me just once, baby why don't you keep this for yourself.. The moron doesnt even look at my work with the eye of a man who I've trained in the taste department..

Anyway I am currently on this grouse dealing with patriotism.. I've been raised in two different countries and the last 3 years I've spent in the "motherland".. Which it actually even isn't.. It's my father's land.. My mom is a Pakistani by identity and birth.. But yet when I go for an Emraan Hashmi movie I have to stand while the Indian anthem is being played.. I am Canadian by the loyalty that lies within me but why do I have to be subjugated to a national anthem at the NFL.. How does that make any sense? If a firang disses India I get offended and if an Indian disses North America I get pained again.. Im a global denizen and yet an outcast and an outsider everywhere.. Im not American born, but sure have Arab influences due to birth and childhood development years.. I welcome the harmony of cultures but why shove the patriotism's when you say its OK to have dual citizenship? You means that's OK only for legalities but otherwise you have to choose the former and latter.. You still have to choose.. Horrible horrible this world of choices..

Coming down to more material pleasures I had two boys to men working on my beggar feet the other day.. I need a pedicure almost every 10 days if not a week because the skin gets so dry in this heat.. And I finally decided to have it done at this swanky salon instead of the luxury of the girls coming home.. And they scraped off every last bit of callous and hardened skin that everytime I glance at my feet I get a turn on at how soft they are naturally without all the paraffin wax and cream/sock treatments.. Yippie!!! can't wait for my next session day after..

Im going to Aurangabad this weekend as opposed to Canuck-land and I'm jumping with glee.. Can't you see the sentence laced with sarcasm? This 4 day vacation better be good on at least the food front or *someone* is gonna be in big trouble <--- Amzi!!!!

Time to sign off and return to the world of embroidery, crochet, macrame, silks, brasso, jute, lace etc..

P.S: Happy Mother's Day Mom.. Come home soon.. Ab bas ho gaya.. I love you *umma*

No comments: